[LinuxPPS] ntpd

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Wed Aug 2 12:15:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

In the patch for ntpd I found that this code:
#ifdef HAVE_PPSAPI
        /*
         * Start the PPSAPI interface if it is there. Default to use
         * the assert edge and do not enable the kernel hardpps.
         */
        #ifdef PPS_HAVE_FINDSOURCE
                /* Try to find the source (by using "index = -1" we ask just for a
                 * generic source)
                 */
                fd = time_pps_findsource(-1, path, 40, id, 40);
                if (fd < 0) {
                        msyslog(LOG_ERR, "refclock: no available PPS source in the system");
                        return (1);
                }
                msyslog(LOG_INFO, "refclock: found PPS source #%d \"%s\" on \"%s\"", fd, path, id);
        #endif   /* PPS_HAVE_FINDSOURCE */

        if (time_pps_create(fd, &up->handle) < 0) {
                up->handle.socket = -1;
                msyslog(LOG_ERR,
                    "refclock_nmea: time_pps_create failed: %m");
                return (1);
        }
        return(nmea_ppsapi(peer, 0, 0));

in ntpd/refclock_nmea.c is not used at all when compiling! As this
seems to be an important part of it I wonder what to do.

configure switches:
./configure --disable-all-clocks --disable-parse-clocks --enable-linuxcaps --enable-NMEA --enable-LOCAL-CLOCK --enable-ATOM --enable-RAWDCF

Folkert van Heusden

--
Feeling generous? -> http://www.vanheusden.com/wishlist.php