[LinuxPPS] ntpd

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu Aug 3 11:08:52 CEST 2006

> > verified the pps ping:
> > keetweej:/usr/src/linuxpps-current# test/ppstest 1
> > found PPS source #1 "pps_8250_1" on "/dev/ttyS1"
> > <nothing>
> > so something is still wrong
> As already said this may depend to the fact that your GPS antenna
> needs some extra commands throught the serial line to enable PPS
> signal.

The pps signal _IS_ enabled! If I start minicom, I see the 'on-line'
status (carrier detect?) toggle every second.

> > keetweej:/usr/src/linuxpps-current# test/ppstest 1
> > found PPS source #1 "pps_8250_1" on "/dev/ttyS1"
> > nothing!
> When the NTPD starts what does it say about _which_ PPS source it
> uses? I refere to this line of code:
>    msyslog(LOG_INFO, "refclock: found PPS source #%d \"%s\" on \"%s\"", fd, path, id);

It doesn't say anything like that altough I did integrate Udo's patch.
Udo: do you see logging like that when you start ntpd?

Folkert van Heusden

--
Feeling generous? -> http://www.vanheusden.com/wishlist.php