[LinuxPPS] Please review LinuxPPS section on time.qnan.org

Philip M. White pmw at qnan.org
Sun Jun 4 21:17:33 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 08:51:02PM +0200, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> Not anymore, kernel patch ntp-pps-2.6.17-rc5.diff apply clearly.
>
>    http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/
>
> > So, are you saying that Udo's modifications are now rolled into the
> > official sources, and Udo's patches are no longer necessary?  If so,
> > then it's good news!
>
> Yes. Also into patch ntp-pps-2.6.17-rc5.diff you can find lastest
> LinuxPPS code as explained here:
>
>    http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/README

Fantastic; I just tried it out, and although some hunks had to be offset
for my kernel 2.6.16.19, it applied cleanly and I am now using version
2.1.0.  Thanks.

I changed the page to reflect all this, and made beta.html the default.

Is it correct, though, that the NMEA patch (ntpd-nmea.patch in
linux2.6-pps/) is Udo's and is not maintained elsewhere?

--
Philip