[LinuxPPS] Occasionally ntpd stops receiving NMEA data

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 5 11:02:04 CEST 2006

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 08:24:26AM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> But there is no handshaking going on. Just two RS232 data lines and a
>> ground. So stopping should be very quick.
>
> Another thing to check if that PPS signal still arrives from the
> serial port by using an oscilloscope.

If Philip is using the schematic that is on his site he has a LED to
indicate PPS presence.

>> Strange. I just run that one sentence and a slightly different LinuxPPS
>> api (older..) but have never seen your issue.
>
> We should verify if the problem is related to LinuxPPS 2.1.0 or
> not. Can you please try it on your system?

Philip can reboot to a kernel with my patches of the `older` LinuxPPS?
After checking PPS presence of course.
Fort me it's a bit more effort to get a fresh kernel patched and ready.
(it's not just LinuxPPS in there)

Udo