[LinuxPPS] Occasionally ntpd stops receiving NMEA data

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 19 18:38:22 CEST 2006

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 06:23:02PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> We are here. Just post a small patch for whatever you changed.
>
> Thanks! I ope to implement it ASAP!
>
>> This is a step on teh way to minimise the changed code for ntpd et al?
>
> Unfortunately not! As already told the problem is that current API has
> a time_pps_create() different semantic!

Yes, but could some code navigate around this issue?
By abstracting the API a bit?

Let's first just minimize the changes, then aim for a layer?

> However the new function should avoid that the NTPD takes a wrong PPS
> source when you have multiple ones into your system.

OK. Would be interesting to experiment with them. (have a COM-port
problem: 1 UPS, 1 GPS, hardware output ports are all in use, have more
sockets on motherboard...)