[LinuxPPS] Couple of questions

Jon Schewe jon.schewe at honeywell.com
Wed Nov 1 16:52:44 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 16:46 +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Jon Schewe wrote:
> > When might I find that git is updated for kernel 2.6.18?  I tried
> > merging using git and got lots of conflicts.
>
> The patch does apply here on 2.6.18?
I did the following:
git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.18.y.git
git checkout -b pps
git pull git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps master

And got merge failed, you need to finish by hand.

> > Also, are there plans to try and get PPS support into the main kernel?
>
> Ask Linus.
It's my understanding that someone needs to ask first to try and get it
pulled in.  Has someone even asked to have it added in?