[LinuxPPS] Couple of questions

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 1 17:26:24 CET 2006

John,

Please reply to the list instead to me privately.
Via the list more people can help you.

Jon Schewe wrote:
>> > or post them on the wiki?  The instructions under "Merging my repository
>> > with your current Linux Vanilla one" lead me to believe I did the right
>> > thing.
>>
>> Please see
>> http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support#Downloading_the_code
> Yes, that's where I was looking.  So the merging part doesn't work and I
> should just skip to Obtaining a LinuxPPS patch?  Or am I reading the
> first step in merging wrong in that I'm supposed to do the git checkout
> from inside the LinuxPPS clone and not from inside the Linux Vanilla clone?

You merge into the copy you made from the LinuxPPS depo at enneenne.
Works OK here. (git pull git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps master)
Then make a diff and apply to your own linux source tree.

I am no git guru. For me it does not entirely fit
I just need to have the latest LinuxPPS patch and downloading several
megs for a small patch is kinda strange.
But as long as it works...