[LinuxPPS] git clone

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Wed Oct 18 11:09:00 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 06:42:45PM +1000, James Boddington wrote:
> The wiki says to use git for getting new patches for linuxpps. Can the git
> clone phase be restarted when stopped?

Yes, just restart the command.

> At 120 meg in size I seriously doubt I could do the clone in one session. I
> have tried playing and every time I interrupt the process git deletes what
> has already been downloaded.

Are you sure? I already did the same on other linux source trees and
git restarted each time where I stopped it... however I just updated
the site:

   http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/

with the last patch against linux-2.6.17-rc5. Hope it could be
useful...

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127