[LinuxPPS] Novatel OEM4 receiver problem!!

Giorgos Papadakis gpapadak at ims.forth.gr
Wed Sep 27 00:36:38 CEST 2006

Hi,
yesterday i patched and compiled kernel 2.6.17 with
ntp-pps-2.6.17-rc5.diff in order to use it with a Novatel oem4 receiver.
Altough that ppstest shows ("found PPS source #0 "pps_8250_0" on
"/dev/ttyS0"), my receiver doesn't seem to transmit the pps signal and
when i try to read the serial port i see garbage instead of my
range,almanac etc logs and when i write to the serial it just ignores my
commands. I hane read to the manual that oem4 transmits pps signal from
RTS or DTS port not from CD.Is this a problem?

Please Help, Sorry for my English

George