[LinuxPPS] (no subject)

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Apr 26 08:56:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:32:36PM -0600, clemens at dwf.com wrote:

> I am building from the 2.6.20.6 kernel (tried 2.6.20 earlier), and use
> xconfig to turn on the pps stuff.  Ive tried it with the parallel port
> stuff turned on/off.  Ive fixed the problem with the change deck and
> the include file netlink.h

Did you have some problems with the parallel port? =:-o

> In all cases, it acts as if the PPS stuff just isnt there.
>
> Here is the top of my little test program:
> {/usr/include/sys/timepps.h is a copy of the kernel include/linux/timepps.h)

I think I have to remove timepps.h file from the kernel and give it as
userland file to put under /usr/include/sys/ directory...

> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <errno.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>

Did you tried my testpps.c program?

> and in all cases I get the following output
> a.out
> Link = /dev/ttyS0
> i = -1
> Path at timeppsfindpath is /dev/ttyS0
> no available PPS source in the system

Did you read the new wiki instructions? If you use the serial lines
you need the setserial program to enable PPS support for a specified
serial port.

> So, I must be doing something stupid, can someone point
> me in the right direction.  About a year ago, when Rodolfo

Please, read the wiki and consider using setserial (patched with the
supplied PPS related patch) or ppsctl.

> first put up this linuxpps, I had everything working fine...

A lot of things changed since that epoch... ;)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127