[LinuxPPS] Re: LinuxPPS 4.0.0 not working on x86_64

linux at horizon.com linux at horizon.com
Wed Aug 1 11:53:52 CEST 2007

> Can you please give me a "Signed-off-by" line with your name so I can
> add this patch to LinuxPPS repo?

No, because I don't agree to the DCO 1.1 section (d).

You, however, are free to add one yorself according to (b), since
the patch is in the public domain.

First, the patch is not copyrightable.

It's a purely mechanical adaptation.  100% of it is dictated by
externalities, so there is no original creative content.  If you did it
yourself, in the obvious and straightforward manner, you'd end up with
a byte-for-byte identical version.

The main creative content is the format of the #define lines
(copied from within the file), the names of the system calles
(copied from the pre-existing linuxpps patch) and the ordering
of the system call numbers (likewise).

Deciding to use the next available system call numbers after __NR_eventfd,
and place them textually after __nr_eventfd is a) obvious, and b) also
copied from the asm-i386 version.

Second, to the extent any copyright might exist, it is hereby abandoned
to the public domain.  Use at will for any purpose.

Enjoy.