plotting the pool, was Re: [LinuxPPS] a fluke...?

gnu not unix gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Wed Feb 7 05:47:03 CET 2007

In message <45C62960.7000102 at xs4all.nl> you write:
>I do, but mine are not so highres and more or less standard mrtg material.
>The ntp pll and the influence of temperature:

>http://pindarots.xs4all.nl/mrtg/ntppll.html

>(in week 5 the board moved into a Noah case which made the system a tad
>cooler; the incomplete year plot shows some trouble)
(...)

Thanks for setting up the web data. I appreciate the chance
to have a "sanity check" of my data against others.

>What other ntp stuff should be plotted?

The billboard data "ntpq -p" has the 'delay' for remote
peers and this can be used to generate the 'wedge' plots.

It would be fun to setup a pool.ntp.org whacker with a
grand script that watches the DNS SOA and does a zone
transfer, using the IP addresses to dynamically add
to ntpd and the plotting routines to plot the delay to
all these remote hosts. Run ntpd in "noselect" mode of course.

Lets see, arrange the plots in hop count order... Mumble...

../Steven