[LinuxPPS] bug in kernel config

Jon Schewe jon.schewe at honeywell.com
Wed Feb 7 15:58:14 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 15:53 +0100, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> > Otherwise you get your kernel built and spend some time trying to figure
> > out why PPS isn't working.
>
> Maybe adding some help lines? Or trying to use the directive "select"
> into configuration menu...
Some help lines might be good.  That or can you put a warning in the
menu that displays when serial support is not a module, but PPS support
is?  Like right now when you add PPS support directly into the kernel
the 8250 option shows up.  If you could make it such that when one
selects PPS as a module and serial support is not a module then an
option appears under PPS support that says something like "warning PPS
will not work without serial support, either compile serial support as a
module or compile PPS support directly into the kernel".