[LinuxPPS] Re: no pps sources with 2.6.20p4-g7a08f3bf

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Feb 22 09:06:47 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:58:49AM -0800, gnu not unix wrote:

> That effect was seen with 2619p4-g5f1bb8aa (I think).

Ok, is important that you retry such tests with the latest LinuxPPS
version so I can resend the patch to the kernel mail list for
inclusion.

> No joy with the latest git pull...
>
> I built 2.6.20p4-g7a08f3bf but this does not show a
> /proc/pps entry. The only thing I see at boot is:

As kernel 2.6.x requires new features shouldn't add new proc/ entries.
Now we have only the sysfs support.

> pps_core: LinuxPPS API ver. 2 registered
> pps_core: Software ver. 3.0.0-rc1 - Copyright 2005-2007 Rodolfo Giometti <giomet
> ti at linux.it>

That's correct.

> No other pps related messages appear at boot time. I guess I
> can turn on pps debugging messages in .config and recompile again.

Which PPS sources did you select? Please note that now the serial
lines must be configured to fuction as PPS sources with setserial.

Please refere to the wiki.

P.S. I send this reply on the list since it can be useful for other
people.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127