[LinuxPPS] ntp 4.2.4?

James Boddington boddingt at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 20 23:11:30 CET 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I am running ntp 4.2.2.
> I tried to build 4.2.4 but the --disable-parse-clocks or
> --disable-all-clocks flags don't work anymore.
> Other clocks are enabled and the build fails.
> Any idea what is wrong?
>
> I use:
>
> %configure --sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir}/ntp \
>         --bindir=%{_sbindir} \
>         --with-openssl-libdir=%{_libdir} \
>         --disable-parse-clocks \
>         --disable-all-clocks \
>         --enable-linuxcaps \
>         --enable-NMEA --enable-LOCAL-CLOCK
>
> in my ntp.spec.
> I commented out all patches that failed from the 4.2.2 spec file.

I just built ntp 4.2.4 using this configure line

./configure --disable-parse-clocks --disable-all-clocks --enable-linuxcaps
--enable-NMEA --enable-LOCAL-CLOCK

The only patch applied was the patch needed for the nmea driver + linuxpps. Did
a make with no errors.

Could the problem be one of the patches mentioned in the spec file?

I am currently using 2.6.20-rc5 + linuxpps and ntp 4.2.4. For configure I used

         --disable-all-clocks \
         --enable-LOCAL-CLOCK \
         --enable-NMEA \
         --enable-WWV \