[LinuxPPS] Changing the syscalls

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sun Jul 1 23:20:50 CEST 2007

> Hello,
>
> I'd like your advices on thi thread on the LKML:
>
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/549264
>
> I'm going to change some syscalls API in order to avoid 32/64 bits
> problems in exchanging data with userland and, before starting, I'd
> like to know what do you think about that.

I guess I dont understand what the problem is.
I read your note, and the linux kernel article, and still dont understand.
Perhaps you can explain it in greater detail.
Sizes are the same (arn't they) for 32/64,  and I dont see
where there would be any byte order problems.

Basically I dont understand the problem, perhaps you can
explain it, and then I can say 'oh yes, how obvious..., there is a problem'

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com