[LinuxPPS] New LinuxPPS syscall API

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Jun 21 23:28:49 CEST 2007

Hello,

Here, on my server:

   http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/ntp-pps-2.6.21-new_API.diff

you can find the new LinuxPPS implementation with specific system
calls. The patch is against linux 2.6.21. You can find the same code
on my GIT repository in the branch "new_syscall_API". The wiki is not
updated yet.

Please download it and give it a try.

Currently I only used ppstest as userland program but I suppose NTPD
should work well too since the userland API is not changed. Please
note that now you need a new version of timepps.h which is reported
here:

   http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/timepps.h.new.syscall.API

I'm waiting back for comments. :)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127