[LinuxPPS] New LinuxPPS syscall API

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 24 04:41:04 CEST 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 02:08:53AM +1000, James Boddington wrote:
>> I am hoping to try this later today after I get some sleep. The main thing
>> I am wondering is, will ntp have to recompiled or should the current
>> executable still work?
>
> Nop, you have to recompile all userland programs. Sorry.
>
>> Looking at some of the recent messages I am not sure if a standard ntp is
>> now ok or if the nmea/atom patches are still needed.
>
> The patch are still needed since LinuxPPS uses PPS sources which can
> be different from file descriptors.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Rodolfo

Recompiling ppstest and ntp with the new timepps.h seems to work.

Ntp is working with both the nmea and atom drivers. A 1 day graph and output of

ntpq -p is on http://aiken.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/linuxpps

Apart from being hit with .RATE. from one server while the poll interval is
still 64 seconds the output of ntp -p looks like it should.

--
    James