git branch, was Re: [LinuxPPS] web timepps.h no joy

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Mon Jun 25 17:32:28 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 07:49:04AM -0700, gnu not unix wrote:

> Ahh thanks for reminding me. Well I just tried:
>
> git checkout   -b new_syscall_API
>
> ...and it silently did nothing that I could see.

If you did all right you should see as last commit:

   commit 7246aa9cd8d5e633647226dcae45ac48325cef1a
   Author: Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at linux.it>
   Date:   Thu Jun 21 17:01:12 2007 +0200

       LinuxPPS: New API.

       Now LinuxPPS uses specific system calls to exchange data with userland.

       RTNetlink layer dropped.

       First release candidate "4.0.0".

using command "git log".

> I went back into menuconfig and somehow the uart support
> was "forced off" and I had to delete PPS support and re-enable
> it, then the uart support was enabled. I'm recompiling the
> kernel now, and its rebuilding things, I guess due to menuconfig
> touching stuff.

The configuration file was changed so is better doing "make oldconfig"
before compiling the new code.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127