[LinuxPPS] Testing new API.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Jun 26 04:12:35 CEST 2007

Im just back from a trip, and am compiling 2.6.21.5 with the new API.

I am to the point of selecting PPS, and let me make the suggestion
that I made previously.

By default I see the messages
    UART Serial support (forced off)
    Parallel printer support (forced off)

'It would be nice' (and reduce the swearing at this end) if the messages
went on to say WHAT you had to do to 'allow' each of the supports.

Like 'make Character devices->Serial drivers->8250/16550 and compatable \
    serial support a module'

I have tried (and failed) to get the PARALLEL PORT PPS turned on.
I tried
      Parallel port support a module
and Parallel port support->PC-stype hardware a module
and tried turning on EVERYTHING under Parallel port support, all
with no luck.

Anyone want to explain how I do the latter.
AND then have Rodolpho add a comment so I can find it next time

OK, on to building with serial support (at least)

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com