[LinuxPPS] Status: Still having problems /dev/lp0 + others.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri May 4 10:40:55 CEST 2007

Im about to quit for this evening, but thought Id put out one more note
before quiting for the night.

1) I still do not see any events on /dev/lp0 either with ntpd nor with
ppstest.  Either this is broken, or I need to turn something on, or
load modules in some magic order.

Has anyone else tried this code?
Has anyone had any success?

2) In my quest to be able to compile ntpd with only userspace include
files, I noted previously that we need
    timepps.h
in userspace.  It in turn calls
    pps.h
so it needs to be in userspace too.
And finally, the #define NETLINK_PPSAPI has been inserted in
the Kernel version of
    linux/netlink.h
but its needed in the userspace version  of that routine too.

I have no idea how one goes about getting these userspace routines
installed/updated.

BUT PLEASE if you have had success with the parallel port stuff
at /dev/lp0, let me know what you did.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com