[LinuxPPS] Kernel configuration and more ......

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 5 02:19:11 CET 2007

Paul wrote:
> I had to put the cat into the background ( cat /dev/ttyS0& ), which is
> not really good enough, the NTP driver should be able to open this on
> its own.

I use both the nmea and atom drivers. Using nmea opens the serial port so atom
gets the pps signal and nmea is also setup as my prefer peer.

The nmea driver support pps. The patch from Udo allows pps in the nmea driver
to work with linuxpps. That gets the serial port open and pps with the use of
only one driver.

--
    James