[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS - odd behaviour. (Please Read)

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Nov 9 11:37:58 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 08:19:40PM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> > Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> >> For refclock_atom:
> >>
> >> How would I call the devices?
> >>
> >> /dev/pps0 and ..... ?
> >> /dev/ppssource?
> >
> > A patch attached.
> > It just opens /dev/ppssource and forgets about the file handle for now.
> > (bad?)
> >
> > Please test! (does atom run solo now?)
>
> Over here I *do* get clear/asserts but atom is not getting any reachability.
> Any ideas?

PPS just provide an high accurancy signal each second, nothing
else. To get any reachability you need also GPS data where the system
can get current data and time.

I think that atom role is only to provide very accurancy PPS signal
each second but it needs anyway an extra GPS data source.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127