[LinuxPPS] no rc.serial in F8

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 20 05:33:18 CET 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote me:

Udo van den Heuvel (udovdh at xs4all.nl) said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Why this change?
> > What was so simple as making a text file with some familiar commands is
> > now a different game.
> >
> > What would be the equivalent for:
> >
> > /bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 low_latency hardpps

KERNEL="ttyS0", RUN+="/bin/setserial -v %k low_latency hardpps"

Or something along those lines. Realistically, for any other hardware type
(whether it be scanners, PCMCIA, or whatever), we rely on udev to handle
frobbing device-specific values. There's no reason that serial should have
a specific exception.

Bill