[LinuxPPS] PPS support in Linux 2.6.23

Phil Manuel phil at zomojo.com
Mon Oct 15 09:42:08 CEST 2007

Hi Rodolfo,

I have patched the latest 2.6.23 kernel with PPS support, but I am
getting confused with regards to what options I should have turned on,
what modules I should have at the end of the process and whether the
NTPD does or doesn't need to be patched to handle a PPS input.  We are
using the Endrun Technologies Praecis Ct as our reference clock, this
runs well with the palisade driver.  However we wish to run the unit in
PPS mode.  I've been using this http://time.qnan.org/#driver-pps as my
reference but note it is a year out of date.

Our ultimate aim is to use PPS and NTP to set the clock on a server and
then use ptpd to update the clocks on clients. (Already doing this with
in palisade configuration).

Any new documentation or sites that you can point me to would be useful.

Thanks

Phil Manuel.