[LinuxPPS] #ifdef..

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 22 18:28:36 CEST 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 05:37:45PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>>> No. Please, refere to the PARSE refclock and to this thread:
>>>
>>> 	http://ml.enneenne.com/pipermail/linuxpps/2007-August/001045.html
>> I went all over the patch and I see no clear defines to check for.
>
> You found nothing since you need _no_ defines at all! :)

Ok, but since we aim at inclusing in teh ntp tree, would it be wise to
use #ifdefs to make `our` code be only active when LinuxPPS is around if
`our` code behaves slightly different?

Also: near the #ifdef HAVE_PPSAPI around the
time_pps_destroy(up->handle): the original code has the if clause around
it as well.
Why would that be? Is it really unnecessary at all times?