[LinuxPPS] PPS driver for ISA bus

Cirilo Bernardo cbernardo at auspace.com.au
Wed Oct 24 05:21:22 CEST 2007

 Is there any value in writing a PPS driver for ISA bus interrupts?  I happen to have a piece of hardware that does this and it would be trivial to implement such a driver (since Rodolfo has already done all the hard work).

 I imagine 2 such drivers - one which works with any generic ISA interrupt, and this may be useful when connected to a timing standard.  It won't quite work with my hardware because the PPS is meaningless until locked to a GPS signal.  For my hardware I can easily implement a specialized driver which will only generate PPS events when there is a GPS lock.  Thanks to other discussions on this list, it is also possible for me to design the specialized driver to plug into gpsd.

 I think this would slowly help build up PPS drivers in addition to the current serial DCD driver.

 Any comments?

- Cirilo