[LinuxPPS] success

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 30 14:04:49 CET 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:08:46AM +1000, James Boddington wrote:
>> I am using 2.6.23-g9412fc58. It is the master branch from the last few of
>
> Which commit your HEAD rewferes to?

The current master branch. I just did another git clone, used the master branch
and it came up the same.

> It seems you miss the following patch:
>
>    http://gitweb.enneenne.com/?p=linuxpps;a=commitdiff;h=3d127faec1553e084d20a67deab18aadd4e19865

My kernel has that commit. According to git log that was committed 4 days
before my git clone and my include/linux/ppps.h shows the results of that patch.

It was the difference in sequence numbers that struck me as strange

ntp ~ # cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/{assert,clear}
1193700322.000030061#73747
1193700322.100028874#73745

The offset of 30us is correct and the pulse width of 100us is also correct. 2
more asserts than clears.

--
    James