[LinuxPPS] refclock_nmea patch

James Boddington boddingt at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 31 11:26:19 CET 2007

Bernhard Schiffner wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2007 01:25 schrieb James Boddington:
>> Compared to freebsd http://www.users.on.net/~boddingt/ntp/freebsd/ on
>> the same hardware linux is performing quite badly. With freebsd I used
>> the default minpoll maxpoll.
>
> Hi James,
>
> nice plot.
> :-) I'd like to compare it with ambient | CPU temperature .
>
> (cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/...)

I have not been able to get a temperature reading from the cpu but I can get an
estimate of ambient temperature.

http://aiken.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/linuxpps now provides plots of offset, drift
and ambient temperature. Any excursions to -1,827 celsius or more indicate
something has lost sync. :)

I have also changed line 343 in kernel/time/ntp.c making freq_adj larger trying
to make the convergence a lot more aggressive.

--
    James