[LinuxPPS] Finding the /dev/pps<n> device

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 31 19:11:27 CET 2007

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> Im not sure, but it LOOKS like the *nmea* patches are trying to address
> the same problem.

Not really.
The patches I am posting are to be able to have PPS and NMEA data on
separate device files for the NMEA refclock.
Frank (from the ntp folks, see the bugzilla of ntp) wanted no /dev/pps0
because that devicename was for the ATOM driver.

So the devicename change is by request of Frank.
In Linux we use a simple link to make the pps device findable.