[LinuxPPS] Some Info about the Project I'm working on

Adam Becker adam.joseph.becker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:15:09 CEST 2007

Hello everyone.

I wondering if and how LinuxPPS could be useful for the project I'm
currently working on. I'm working on an embedded PC104 stack with 3
Pentium M processors. What I need to do is accurately sync the clocks on
each of the processors because in testing the system we found that the
clocks drifted significantly. I have a GPS with a PPS signal. The GPS
data is tied to one of chips via RS232 and that chip's other 2 COMs are
connected to COMs on the other processors. The PPS signal is currently
wired to I/O pins on the parallel ports of each of the chips (this could
be changed) and all three currently have Ubuntu 7.04 as their OS.

I have a fair amount of experience using C/C++ in Linux embedded
environments. However, I've never had to sync multiple processors from a
GPS.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Adam