[LinuxPPS] Some Info about the Project I'm working on

Adam Becker adam.joseph.becker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 22:36:24 CEST 2007

Thank you all for your input.

Hopefully the following will help clear up how the system is configured:
1) PPS - CPU's 1, 2, and 3 receive PPS via I/O pins on their parallel
port
2) GPS - Only CPU 1 receives via COM1.
3) Processor Communications
	a) CPU 1 - COM2 to  CPU 2 - COM1
	b) CPU 1 - COM3 to  CPU 3 - COM1
4) Accurate - As accurate as possible

I really like the idea of using ethernet to sync the clocks. To do so
I'm thinking I'll incorporate a switch into the system. However, I'm
concerned about how reliable messages sent using ethernet are. Isn't
their some lag time and acknowledgment issues sending/receiving data via
ethernet?

I truly appreciate all the help.

Adam