[LinuxPPS] Still more problems

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Sep 15 04:27:14 CEST 2007

The structure

struct pps_source_data_s {
        int source;
        char name[PPS_MAX_NAME_LEN];
        char path[PPS_MAX_NAME_LEN];
};

found in a previous pps.h needs to be added to the USER portion of pps.h
as it is used in the timepps.h definitions of time_pps_findsource
and time_pps_findpath .

---

The constants

        PPS_CMD_FIND_SRC
        PPS_CMD_FIND_PATH

        __NR_time_pps_cmd
        __NR_time_pps_getparams
        __NR_time_pps_getparams
        __NR_time_pps_getcap
        __NR_time_pps_fetch

are used in timepps.h.new.syscall.API but
do not appear to be defined anywhere.
Since they are used in timepps.h so need to be available in userland.
I find it puzzling that they are NOT used in the kernel.

---

It would seem then that in addition to
        timepps.h
which is in the Documentation directory,
that
        pps.h
(which contains the struct pps_source_data_s) and whatever *.h
file is going to include these above constants should also be
in the Documentation directory.  At least until they percolate
from the kernel include files to the user include files.

---

Now its possible that I have a screwed up combination of files,
in that case a GOOD diff (with a correct timepps.h, and pps.h, and...
would straighten that out.

ALSO, moving everything but files related to the current API
to an 'OLD' subdirectory on ftp.enneenne.com would help.

                                Reg.Clemens
                                reg at dwf.com

Ill get back to testing this stuff when I can actually compile with
the *.h files...  Mumph.