[LinuxPPS] OK, Progress...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Sep 18 20:08:56 CEST 2007

Thanks for your response to my last note, when I point ppstest (or ntp)
at /dev/pps1 everything works.

I will be cleaning up my patch to the refclock_oncore driver in ntpd but
I still have a couple of questions (sigh).

(1) looking at your ppstest.c program, you use readlink to get to the 'true'
name of the device, but since all you do with the returned path is open a file,
this would work with a symbolic link just as well.  I see no path thru this
code
for your special GPIO pin case.

(2) Trying ppstest on /dev/pps0 (my parallel port with a cable to the PPS)
I still see nothing (well, it says 'Connection timed out').
Looking at /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert I just see 0.000000000#0,
in /proc/interrupts I see no count next to parport0 where
I assume the counts would accumulate.  So this is still a problem.

In two weeks I will actually have some free time and can take a look
at this parallel code.  Again, if anyone else has this working I would like
to hear from you.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com