[LinuxPPS] Questions using Linux PPS version 5.x.x-rc1

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sun Sep 30 08:37:17 CEST 2007

> What I am making of made a mistake?

Its late, and I didnt read your note carefully, but I did see your comment

> But, waiting 30 min,

NTP can take significantly longer than this to figure out the frequency offset
of the crystal in your CPU.  Give things a day to settle down and see if things
get better.  After once doing this, and having entries in /etc/ntp/ntp.drift,
ntp
will be able to settle down much faster.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com