[LinuxPPS] Sub-millisecond, kernel-config etc.

Johan Bejeryd johbe207 at student.liu.se
Tue Apr 8 16:17:53 CEST 2008

On 4/8/08, Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at enneenne.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:50:25AM +0200, Johan Bejeryd wrote:
> >    Hello!
> >
> >    I'm trying to get sub-millisecond precision and accuracy for time
> keeping
> >    with Linuxpps and kernel [1]2.6.23.1.
>
> Which version of Linuxpps? Please use the latest one!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodolfo

I'm using ntp-pps-2.6.23-quater.diff<http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/ntp-pps-2.6.23-quater.diff>,
since I'm stuck with the 2.6.23.1 kernel (need other modules that don't
compile with 2.6.24 yet).
The 2.6.23.1 kernel appear to be working good with Linuxpps, according to
the stats at http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/index.html, but is there a later
version of Linuxpps for that kernel, only available through git?

Thank you
/Johan