[LinuxPPS] 2.6.25

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 12:28:17 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
[snip]
>  Still udev doesn't run my rc.serial replacement stuff.
>  Who has this working?
>  Please explain how/what.
>
>  Udo
>

>  # cat /etc/rc.serial
>  #!/bin/sh
>  #
>  # rc.serial
>  #
>  /bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 low_latency hardpps
>  #/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 hardpps

That depends on how your Linux installation is set up, but in all
cases it will be something in the udev rules (/etc/udev/* on Debian).
Basically you need to detect when the serial device driver is
registering a device and you can invoke your script using the
"RUN{+}=" feature.  When I get back to work on Monday I can have a
look at my embedded system to see what I did.

- Cirilo