[LinuxPPS] gps_nmea error

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 12 15:35:50 CEST 2008

Ritter, Nicholas wrote:
> Ok...so I do still need to apply that nmea patch then (correct me if I
> am wrong.)

Only for LinuxPPS compatibility.
The patch does not add a driver, it modifies one slightly.

> As for the PPS signal, given the design from qnan, the PPS light does
> blink every second, but that assumes I wired it correctly, because
> minicom shows a GPS sentence every second as well.

The GPS data is on different lines from the PPS line.

> The kernel log shows
> a PPS pulse, but with screwy asserts and clears.

Strange.

> I got the feeling from Hal that I should change the PPS length a bit to
> see if it changes the ppstest output at all.

I use 200ms.

> There is a percentage of
> error/offset they may be throwing off the sensing of PPS to one edge of
> the signal.

# Garmin GPS 18 LVC w/ PPS
#
server 127.127.20.0 prefer minpoll 4
fudge 127.127.20.0 flag3 0 flag2 0 time1 0.000 stratum 14

server 127.127.22.0 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
fudge 127.127.22.0 flag3 1 flag2 0 time1 0.000 stratum 0

That is part of my config.

Kind regards,
Udo