[LinuxPPS] linuxPPS built with 'ntp-pps-2.6.27-rc3-bis.diff' not working

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sun Aug 24 08:46:56 CEST 2008

OK.
I took linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
applied the patch-2.6.27-rc4
applied the ntp-pps-2.6.27-rc3-bis.diff
built this kernel with my config file from linux-2.6.27-rc1-PPS

The line-discipline stuff seems to be there, I can check and see a line
discipline of 18, and the files /dev/pps0 and /dev/pps1 get built.

However, I get a failure on the time_pps_create system call from the
test program so there is something missing in the PPSAPI.

Anyone else tried this version?
Anyone else seen this problem?

Did I miss something while I was away on vacation?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com