[LinuxPPS] linuxPPS built with 'ntp-pps-2.6.27-rc3-bis.diff' not working

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Aug 25 06:29:13 CEST 2008

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 02:45:06PM -0600, Reg Clemens wrote:
>
> > The error message is just whatever the program prints if the time_pps_create
> > call fails.  If you are asking what the numeric value of the error is,  it just
> > returns -1 .
>
> Can you please report the command and its output?
>
> Did you check if the major & minor numbers of the PPS devices are the
> same of file /dev/pps*?

That sounds interesting, but I dont know what you want me to check against.
The /dev/pps* devices show:

    [reg at deneb ~]$ ls -lai /dev/pps*
    2953 crw------- 1 root root 254, 0 Aug 24 14:42 /dev/pps0
    8238 crw------- 1 root root 254, 1 Aug 24 14:42 /dev/pps1

Where else should I be looking for the major number?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com