[LinuxPPS] RTS or CTS instead of DCD

Bernhard Schiffner bernhard at schiffner-limbach.de
Thu Feb 28 08:54:31 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2008 06:40 schrieb Chris Hide:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me if its possible to use the RTS or CTS lines as input
> for the PPS instead of the DCD as the serial port on my platform does
> not have DCD available?  Is there a simple modification to the driver
> that I could change?
> Thanks,
> Chris

Yes, you can do this.
Take the patch. Look where Rodolfo changes 8250.c, serial_core.c and
serial_core.h.
More or less translate DCD to CTS and proceed.
Be sure, you are the only one using this interface.

You are on your own, because IMHO nobody else wants it too. (dual use of
this tty : PPS & GPS-Message).

Bernhard