[LinuxPPS] A few drivers

Cirilo Bernardo cirilo.bernardo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:04:52 CET 2008

Hello everyone, I'm back after disappearing for a few months.

 I have two drivers to work with PPS:

1. a driver which takes a PPS signal from an ISA interrupt request.
This may be useful for people who play with embedded systems and have
certain types of GPS on PC-104 boards.

2. a driver for the WinSystems PPM-GPS board.  The board is a PC-104
type and has a dual 16552C UART plus a GPS.  The GPS can generate a
PPS interrupt request on the ISA bus.  The UART channel used by the
GPS also generates an IRQ of course.  The second UART channel is
unused but is typically connected to a cellular modem.  The driver
sets up the PPS and also creates multiple pseudo-devices for the GPS
so that several processes can get information from the GPS.  The
function is actually tailored for use in a system I am building, but
it is probably a good template for other people who may wish to use
this same hardware.  And before anyone asks, yes, I had a look at
"gpsd" and tested it and it is absolutely unsuitable for my work.

Is anyone interested in looking at the code or using it?

- Cirilo