[LinuxPPS] More on problem with the PPS Device

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Jul 1 00:41:20 CEST 2008

> > > I commented on this in a previous note.
> > > time_pps_create is called with the FILE DESCRIPTOR of the PPS device.
> > > It knows nothing about the serial device.
>
> The first call is made with the serial device's fd.

That cant be true, otherwise the PPSAPI would not know what device to
look for time stamps on.  The way it knows about /dev/pps{n} is thru it
being passed here.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com

[[ there appears to be some incorrect code in some of the ntp drivers that
depends on these two devices being the same in other UNIX distributions ]]