[LinuxPPS] More on problem with the PPS Device

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Jul 4 19:56:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 07:10:33PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> >> That cant be true, otherwise the PPSAPI would not know what device to
> >> look for time stamps on.  The way it knows about /dev/pps{n} is thru it
> >> being passed here.
> >
> > So what do we reply to the ntp bugzilla suggestion?
>
> - 'never mind'?
> - 'no can do'?
> - .... ?

My opinion is that we should live untouched the current refclock
drivers and manage the ldisc by using ppsldisc.

Bluetooth subsystem does something similar for years without problems,
we can do the same I suppose. :)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti