[LinuxPPS] PPS_FETCH: source 0 timeout 0.000000000

gnu not unix gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Sun Jul 6 02:19:19 CEST 2008

Hello again--

I am trying to get up to date here with linuxpps.

I used the ntp-pps-2.6.26-rc8.diff  patch on the appropriate
linux source. Then, trying to follow the mailing list archives,
I used a couple more patches (sorry for the ugly mailing list
patch names):

(called "ppsctrl removed / ppsldisc added" in the email subject)

20080629/5c6d9833/attachment.patch

and:

(called "setserial & Co usage" in the email subject)

20080629/f67776c0/attachment.patch

Then compiled and installed new kernel on PIII/500.

Then I used the nmea patch off the web site but I had to
fuss a bit since I patched against the latest ntp-dev code,
but it seems to compile fine.

Here's what I get, though:

PPS event on source 0 at 1215302705.564085739
capture assert seq #1177 for source 0
[IRQev] PPS assert at 134231 on source #0
PPS event on source 0 at 1215302705.565432925
capture clear seq #1177 for source 0
[IRQev] PPS clear at 134232 on source #0
PPS_FETCH: source 0
timeout 0.000000000

Hm... Is ntpd trying the PPS_FETCH but somehow losing it?

Anyways I'm none too sure that I've patched everything
properly, and would appreciate suggestions.

//Steve

ps. I'm supposedly subscribed to the list, but the archives
show I've missed huge numbers of posts. All other email is
flowing normally here, so I wonder what's going on? THX again...