[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS for kernel 2.6.26

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:33:42 CEST 2008

Hello All,

This morning I discovered that kernel 2.6.26 was released and applied the 2.6.26-rc8 patch together with
the ppsldisc and 'setserial &co" patch as described in Steve's posting on Sun July 6th.

Although I see that PPS line discipline is enabled in 'dmesg' I cannot find a /sys/class/pps-tree.

If I give (sudo) ./ppsldisc /dev/ttyS0, for example, nothing happens and 'ppsldisc' seems to hang somewhere.

Perhaps the differences between rc8 and the real release are too big or I did something wrong.

P.S. my major numbers voor /dev/pps* are 254 instead of the reported 253's on the PPS-support page.

Remco