[LinuxPPS] OT Nano in kernel.

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:32:34 CEST 2008

I have similar results like Hal has: http://remco.tk/ntp/helium-ntp-offset.png
The clock will remain within +/- 1 usec when temperature and load are stable.

  I do know that 2.6.26 seems to produce better results than 2.5.26-rc8 but I don't know why. Since these use different LinuxPPS patches it could be difference in the LinuxPPS code but it could also be something in the kernel. With 2.6.26-rc8 my clock was not as stable as it had been with 2.6.25 kernels (IE. microkernels) but 2.6.26 seems to lock onto the clock better and I now have submicrosecond accuracy much of the time when the machine is not loaded and room temperatures are stable. This is on a fairly fast dual core machine. This is clearly better than with the earlier microkernels which would drift +-5us most of the time under similar conditions.