[LinuxPPS] Newbi questions. Testing without hardware andconfigure and build NTP with OnCore support?

Remco den Besten besten at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:36:58 CEST 2008

Hi Hal,

You're welcome. I have to mention that I also needed the help of Reg to get things going and wrote my blog
entry to prevent inventing wheels for everyone as much as possible.
I am curious whether you have a lock/sync after connecting your Oncore!
Will you let us know?

Regards,
Remco
  > Look at

  > http://rembl.org/index.php/2008/04/19/motorola-oncore-ut-and-linuxpps/ and

  > give it a try.

  > Remco

  Remco,

  Thanks that helped a lot. I was even able to use the Gentoo ebuild for ntp by setting the parse-clocks use variable once I had things correctly setup. At this point I have everything working as far as I can test it at this point. I will know for sure after I have my GPS hooked up in a few days.

  As a side note I tried a modified for my distro version of the UDEV rules that I found in another email in the archives and these where not working. Here is what I found worked: