[LinuxPPS] [pre-PATCH] PPS line discipline support

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Sun Jun 8 15:38:10 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 07:08:31PM +0200, Remco den Besten wrote:
> Hello Rodolfo,
>
> I am lost with your GIT's, (pre)patches, line disciplines, IRQ-handlers,
> obsolete setserials, ttycrtls, etc. etc.
>
> Being not a linux expert, but willing to co-operate with developing the
> PPS-options, I need a more 'humanistic approach'.
>
> Could you publish how to prepare e.g. kernel 2.6.25.5 with your latest ideas
> in a 'cookbook recipe' style or adapt your wiki accordingly?

Sorry for the poor documentation but in these days I've no free time
to support LinuxPPS. Few time to write code and _no_ time to write
docs. :'( So, in the meantime, please, use this mail list as main
documentation (is better then nothing, isn't it? :).

Also I hope that someone may help me in writing good documentation
(even with patches for the WIKI page or writing separate HOWTOs).

My main rules for code and docs are:

1) In the GIT repository you can find the latest stable code useful
for production machines.

2) The wiki is referred to the GIT repository master branch.

3) Pre-patches, test codes etc. published into this mail list are
against the GIT repository master branch.

4) Patches into my FTP site are always older or equal then the GIT
repository, *never* newer.

So, if you wish testing latest code (with the new line discipline
support) you should get the latest stable code from the GIT repository
or by using the patch ntp-pps-2.6.24-quater.diff and patch it with the
pre-patch that you find in this list. Then read the notes I wrote in
this list in order how to select the PPS line discipline.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:	+39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:     rodolfo.giometti