[LinuxPPS] Not seeing PPS with new stuff.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Jun 10 19:23:24 CEST 2008

OK, I could well have screwed up some place along the line, but I
    (1) Pulled 2.6.25.6
    (2) applied the quater patch.
    (3) applied the patch from the mailing list.
One or the other of the patches took a bit of masaging to get 1 or 2 pieces in,
but it was fairly obvious what needed to be done.
    (4) built and booted the kernel.
    (5) used the NEW ppsctl to turn PPS on with
                ppsctl /dev/pps0 enable
Is this the correct command?
Just for reference, with the previous code it was pps1, of pps0 and pps1, now I
only get a pps0 created...  I like that better but its different.
    (6) when I run ppstest I see

---

[root at deneb pps]# ./ppstest /dev/pps0
trying PPS source "/dev/pps0"
found PPS source "/dev/pps0"
ok, found 1 source(s), now start fetching data...
time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)
time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)
time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)

---

when I run MY ppstest I see:

[root at deneb Testing]# ./rodolpho6 /dev/pps0
fd2 = 3
getcap says 0x1151
set mode to 0xbfc89a07
getparam is 0x1111
Enter loop

<waits forever>

---

checking /sys/class/pps/pps0 for clear/assert events show none.

---

Anyone else having luck with this distribution?
Ill go back and try 2.6.24 where I dont have to massage the patch to make it
fit, but I doubt that that will change anything.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com